Difference between Dark Web and Deep Web, which sites can be found and why it is better to avoid
A bit like space and stars, even the Internet is an almost boundless universe made up of billions of sites, not all visited and searchable with the normal computer browser.
What is called Deep Web is about 500 times the size of the Web we know , is not searchable with Google or other traditional search engines and is made of web pages that can not even be shared on Twitter or Facebook.
Deep Web refers to data that is not indexed by search engines that have no chance of finding them.
Classic examples of web pages that are not found with search engines and can not be shared are messages received and opened on webmail, forum pages that can be accessed only with registration of an account, readable only web pages or database of users registered at a specific site.
In addition to this type of data online, there are also sites that are called ” Dark Web “, hidden, which often deal with illegal and censored information .
Depp Web and Dark Web are words that create a lot of interest and curiosity, often referring to the same thing, even if as seen the Dark Web is only a part of the Deep Web.
How do I access the Dark Web?
I already talked about this more than a year ago explaining that to open the Deep Web sites (or rather the Dark Web) you need the anonymity of the total and untraceable user and access to the ” onion ” network .
The Dark Web is much smaller than the Deep Web and is mainly composed of sites where you can find illegal information at high levels, such as selling drugs, weapons or worse.
Those who visit these sites are not tracked down (even if it is easy to make mistakes and leave an online clue even on the onion network so I would not do too many experiments).
The sites of the Web Submerged, which have names that are impossible to remember and that end all with the .onion, can not be opened with the normal browser because they are part of another internet called Onion and require a special program that would be the Onion Browser, or TOR (The Onion Router).
TOR Browser is the program to be anonymous on the internet in a total, free and very easy to download and install.
TOR Browser is by no means an illegal program, it is developed by a non-profit foundation and even if it is used by hackers all over the world, it is one of the most effective methods to circumvent censorship by totalitarian and dictatorial countries and to make anonymous connection to every website.
As written in the past, the Online privacy is guaranteed with TOR also against government surveillance of citizens (which rumor has become a real fact after the revelations of Edward Snowden on the spying online in the US by the NSA).
You can surf with TOR on the internet and on the Dark Web even using an iPhone via the Onion browser app and with Orbot to access TOR on Android .
Once TOR is installed, one of the Dark Web onion sites can be opened .
To find them there are very powerful search engines, similar to Google, that scan the TOR network and try to discover the active onion domains.
The most famous search engines in the Dark Web are:
- City which can also be opened from a normal browser.
- Not Evil, powerful deep web search engine: http://hss3uro2hsxfogfq.onion/
- Onion Web Search (http://32rfckwuorlf4dlv.onion/) that collects links of Onion sites with legal content or otherwise not unseemly.
- -Torch (http://xmh57jrzrnw6insl.onion/), an international search engine for hidden Internet content.
- One of the most popular Italian sites in the Dark Internet is the IDC forum, Italian Darknet Community, which currently has the address http://2qrdpvonwwqnic7j.onion/ .
- A very famous site is The Hidden Wiki, now at http://zqktlwi4fecvo6ri.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Some other useful and interesting sites in the deep web are:
- Illinois Institute of Technology: http://62gs2n5ydnyffzfy.onion/
- American Journal of Freestanding Research Psychology: http://qtsdq6tkszhxost2.onion
- Puzzles and crazy puzzles: http: / /blueboxlxc4o7mvk.onion/
- Hidden forum: http://x7giprgefwfvkeep.onion/
- Deep web radio: http://76qugh5bey5gum7l.onion/status.xsl
- Wikileaks: http://wlupld3ptjvsgwqw.onion
- ProtonMail, the mail service anonymous: http://protonirockerxow.onion/
- Dancing Monkey: http://bf7k7vgdi73oe2um.onion
To search for sites and information in the Deep Webinstead, anonymity and TOR are not necessary, only that there are no actual collections and search engines.
Some sites in English that try to create a manual catalog of sites, databases and web pages that Google can not index are collected on the Weitzenegger site and among the main we have:
- The WWW Virtual Library
There are very few good reasons to go looking for something in the Dark Web or in the Deep Web .
If you do not look for illegal or criminal things, there is really no reason to go fishing in the putrid slime of the dark web so it is useless to even start experimenting if you do not want to happen on sites that can also create bad mood or shock.
According to some surveys , 57% of the Dark Web is composed of criminal content in every country in the world.
Knowing the existence of the Dark web is still important to find censored sites, sites considered illegal in some countries without freedom and interesting information for those who make journalistic inquiries or those seeking secret documents.
Posted by Web Digital Media Group