The ability to manage visitor data represents a huge opportunity for anyone who owns a web space, be it a blog, a professional site or an e-commerce. Being able to collect, store and analyze user data can be extremely valuable to study your audience, understand which content is most of interest or carry out targeted marketing campaigns for certain customer groups, segmented by age, gender, interests or behavior online.
- GDPR regulation: what is it about?
- Opt for Iubenda: a team of online lawyers
- Seek help from a lawyer or a team of digital experts
GDPR regulation: what is it about?
The GDPR, ie General Data Protection Regulation, or even General Regulation on Data Protection , is nothing but the last update on the European privacy protection: was published in the EU Official Journal on 4 May 2016 and is entered into full force on 25 May 2018. There was a lot of attention that this regulation was able to generate, especially for the innovations it introduced and for the particularly high penalties it assumed in the event of non-compliance with the relevant regulations of privacy.
What is meant by personal data? Generally name and surname, date of birth, address, telephone number and other sensitive information such as IP address or credit card details.
In summary, all privacy policies should contain information about:
- What information from users of the site will be collected
- How they will be collected and archived
- How this data will be used and whether or not it will be shared with third parties
- How this information will be protected
- What rights does the user have regarding the data it releases
- How the user can decide not to share his data and what influences this can have on the use of the site
- What is the identity of the owner of the site and / or of the data controller
- What are the references to contact him to request changes and / or cancellations
- How the user will be notified of any changes to the previous points
- How the site will have access to payment data and how these will be stored and protected
Opt for Iubenda: a team of online lawyers
It is necessary to create an account on the Iubenda site in order to access the creation and customization of the policy: behind Iubenda’s services there are teams of lawyers specialized in online law who draw up and constantly update the privacy policies that the site makes available.
To customize the policy, it is necessary to provide Iubenda with data relating to the website owner , the data that will be collected, the methods of collection and the purposes for which they will be used or stored. The plus offered by Iubenda is the preparation of a list of services among which its users can easily select the ones they actually use within their online space: from Akismet to Facebook, from Google Fonts to the main social widgets.
Instead, it is advisable to periodically check that you have included all the new features of the website and the partners you are relying on, within the list of Iubenda services.
Seek help from a lawyer or a team of digital experts
Choosing a partner who knows how to combine the most reliable professionalism at adequate costs and commensurate with the project is the best option to achieve the goal: to have a site that is perfectly compliant with the law , professional and well built in every single element.
Read Also – 14 SEO Simple Strategies to Implement Today on Your Site to Optimize Its Natural Referencing