The “R intake knowledge 2018 ” Istat shows that 72% of USA companies with at least 10 employees is on the web with a company website.
What does it mean? That local businesses in USA are slowly understanding the potential of the digital world.
Thanks to a strong online presence it is much easier to grow your local business and achieve your business goals.
In this article we will look at some essential things to do so that your local business benefits from your online presence.
It does not matter whether you own a restaurant, a craft store, or a cafe, these are general guidelines that can go well for any local business. If instead you want to have a first consultation on a specific field contact us and we will be happy to give you the info you request for free, even proposing an action plan.
Here are the things to do to improve the online presence of your local business.
Optimize the website
Develop a clear and simple website to browse , where you can find all the useful information with a simple click (who you are, what you do, where you are, what are your products and your contacts).
Create quality content , such as a section where you can post articles that talk about your business, your market segment, your products, your world.
To deepen the writing of articles on the web read “Articles on the web: a tool for your company” .
Advertise on Facebook
If you own a local company, the latter must, at 99.9%, be present on Facebook . On your company page, post videos, photos and slideshows of your products.
Let your audience know your values and your mission . Branding your product and showing what it’s special about.
Use Facebook to advertise yourself:
- In the adverts, use the target coverage to reach customers close to your business, showing your address and map to get there
- Use the store visits goal to create offers with discount code that can be used in store
- When you organize events at your business sponsor them on Facebook and remember to make a live live show while they are taking place
Take care of the Instagram profile
For a local business that sells products, good positioning on Instagram can be important. This is because in a product of any kind the visual part is always to be taken into high consideration.
Show your products made, finished and ready for sale in the Feed (the most “institutional” part of Instagram).
Instead, use Instagram Stories creatively, to show behind the scenes of your work and interact with users.
Pay attention to Google
Of course, improving your local business presence on Google is another key point.
Here are three things to do:
- Create a Google MyBusiness profile . It allows you to find a listing of your business directly in the Google search network and on Google Maps. Fill out the Google MyBusiness form in all its fields, upload your photos and add a temporary post where you can enter, for example, the offer of the day or week
- Conduct advertising campaigns with Google Ads . Create advertising campaigns on the Google Search Network to get you in the top positions. Use Google Ads to write targeted ads to your customers, who refer users to a contact page. For more information, read the article: “Keywords in Google AdWords”
- Improve the positioning of the company website thanks to SEO . Optimize your site in the code, structure, texts, images and performance to ensure that Google recognizes it as a reliable and competent site in its field
As you have already understood, the real secret to having a strong online presence is to bring the online world as close as possible to the offline one , making them interact and grow each other. In doing so you will bring concrete results to your local business.
If you want to deepen the topic or you want to contact us to ask for advice on the online positioning of your local business, write us immediately , we will be happy to answer you!